Are you interested in becoming a Tutor? MCC hires Tutors through Allied Forces and Labor Systems Temporary Staffing Agencies. If you are interested, review the requirements and complete the job interest form below.
- High school diploma or GED
- Reference letter from a faculty member OR have completed a degree in the subject area
- Can commit to 19.5 hours a week
- Criminal background check and drug screening
Major areas of responsibility:
- Maintain assigned hours in the designated Student Success Center and provide group tutoring and one-on-one tutoring.
- Foster the development of independent learning and study skills to improve comprehension in subject areas.
- Communicate with professors as needed.
- Maintain tutoring and instructional standards in accordance with the procedures and philosophy of the tutoring program and the College.
- Confer with, and work under the direction of the Coordinator to document student attendance, progress, or additional service needs, and maintain and report all employment hours in a timely fashion.
- Learn and correctly apply College policies and procedures.
- Attend all required training as scheduled.
Job Interest Form
Meet Current Tutors (coming soon!)