Information Technology (IT)
FAQ Student Knowledge Base & Resources
How do I reset my password?
Please visit https://reset.mohave.edu/ to reset your password. If none of these options work, please call MCC Connect at 866-664-2832 for assistance.
Multifactor authentication (MFA) for students and staff.
If Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) has not been setup on your Mohave Community College Office 365 account yet, you will see the following when attempting to login:
MFA will need to be setup before you are able to login to your account. Click Next to setup MFA. You will see the page below.
There are three ways to perform MFA:
- Text message
- Voice call
- Mobile App
To receive a text or voice call, choose “Authentication Phone”. You can then select “Send me a code by text message” or “Call me” based on your preference for receiving the code.
NOTE: If your phone cannot receive calls or text messages, you can still complete MFA over Wi-Fi using the Mobile App option.
To authenticate using a mobile app on your smart phone, choose “Mobile App”. The next part of this document will go through setting up an authentication phone. Scroll down to the Setting Up Mobile App for MFA section for instructions on using the Mobile App.
Select your country code in the second drop-down box and enter your 10-digit phone number in the text box to the right of the country code. Use the format xxx-xxx-xxxx when entering your phone number. Choose your preferred method for receiving your verification code, and click the blue “Next” button.
Next, you will receive either a phone call or a text, depending on the method you selected in the previous step. You will be presented with a text box to enter the code you receive. The code will be a 6-digit number. Enter the code and click the blue Verify button. NOTE: make sure you enter the code inside the message and not the number that sent you the message.
After you successfully enter the verification code, you will see the page below. The app password can be used instead of your actual password for applications that require your Office 365 login, but are not compatible with MFA. NOTE: You most likely will never need this app password and can just click on the blue Done button.
MFA is now set up on your Office 365 account.
Setting Up Mobile App for MFA
If you do not want to or cannot receive calls or text messages to your phone, you can choose to use an authenticator app instead. This option only requires a Wi-Fi connection to work. To choose this option, click on the down arrow to the right of the first drop-down box and select Mobile App on the first page of the MFA setup. NOTE: this method requires you to download the Microsoft Authenticator App from your phone’s app store.
Setting up the Authenticator App for use with Multifactor Authentication (MFA)
1) Download and install the Microsoft Authenticator App from your phone’s app store
After the app is installed on your phone, login to your MCC email on your laptop.
If MFA is not already setup, you will see a message telling you that your organization requires more information. Click Next and you will see the following page. In the first dropdown box, select Mobile App.
After changing to Mobile App, click Receive notifications for verification and then click Set up.
You should now see a QR code displayed on your laptop.
Open the Microsoft Authenticator app on your phone and choose to add an account. Select Work or School account. Then select “Scan a QR code”. You may need to give the app permission to use your phone’s camera.
Use your phone to scan the QR code on your laptop. MFA should then be setup on your Office 365 account.
The app works by sending you a notification when it detects you are trying to login to your Office 365 account. Just open the notification and indicate that you are trying to login. You will then be logged into your account on your laptop.
If you do not have a cell phone, the ability to receive text messages or phone calls, please contact IT Security and we can provide a Physical token to you.
How do I access my student email and/or forward to my personal email?
- You can access email via O365 at https://portal.office.com or by clicking the Email link on the top right navigation section of the site.
- The Canvas messaging system is a separate from your student email.
- How do I sign in if I am already signed into another O365 account?
- Use different browsers or devices for each account.
- Sign out of the other account in order to sign in with your school account.
I submitted a ticket but have not heard back
- After submitting a ticket to servicedesk.mohave.edu, an email will be sent to the email address on the ticket (your student email is set as the default address) that your ticket was successfully created. When the staff member writes back on the ticket, it will send another email to that same address that the ticket has been updated.
- If you do not have access to the student email to check the status, you can revisit servicedesk.mohave.edu, sign in and click on the My Tickets tile to view your open, closed, or all your tickets to see the response on your ticket.
- If there are no updates on your ticket, please write back on the ticket or call MCC Connect to request a follow up.
Report a Phish
If you are receiving suspicious emails in your student email, please forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org for review. A ticket will be generated and a staff member will follow up through the ticket.
FREE Microsoft Office
As a student, you get full access to the following Microsoft programs. The programs are available to use online AND as real software that you can download and install on your personal devices.
- In a web browser, visit portal.office.com.
- Log in with your full MCC email and password such as MStudent1234@students.mohave.edu
- In the top-right corner of the portal, click on the “Install Office” button
- Follow the onscreen instructions from Microsoft on running the installer
What is “The View” and how do I access it?
- In the View, you have access to Adobe products after signing into your Adobe account
- Please refer to these instructions for signing into Adobe and using the products through the View: https://www.mohave.edu/assets/Adobe-Login-for-Students.pdf
What is the H: Drive?
As a student, you get access to a network drive that you can access anywhere on campus or on the View and it’s the H: drive. To find this drive, you open the File Explorer (located in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and looks like a yellow manila folder.), then click on This PC, and under Network Locations you will see your H: drive.
You can use this drive to save your documents, pictures, or anything else related to your coursework and access it from any machine that is on the MCC network. For example, if you were in class working on a document and needed to access it in the library, you would save it to your H: drive and go over to the library, sign in to any machine there, and retrieve your document from your H: drive.
You should ALWAYS save your work to the H: drive, USB drive, or cloud share. The IT department routinely refreshes the computing environment, so saving work to the local computer does not necessarily mean it will be there the next day. Saving your work to the network drive (H: drive) or USB drive is the best way to ensure you don’t lose your work!
FREE copy of Windows 10
Register at mohave.onthehub.com
- You can get discounted or free software from The Hub like Windows 10, Adobe Creative Cloud, and many more. You will need to register for the site with your MCC email address before you can add any software to your cart!
- Please note: you will be liable for the full price of any products you have ordered if you are unable to supply proof of your eligibility upon request.
Download Adobe Acrobat DC Reader to open, read, and sign PDF forms
How to clear browser cache and cookies
Report a Schoology issue
Please submit a Schoology ticket by clicking on the Schoology tile in the self-service portal or go here: https://mohave.topdesk.net/tas/public/ssp/430ba997-f7e1-47c2-9f69-db6bad6d1a31
Respondus LockDown Browser for testing
- Some courses may require downloading Respondus to complete exams. Please visit https://web.respondus.com/respondus-lockdown-browser-the-student-experience/ for download information.
- Respondus Data Privacy: https://web.respondus.com/privacy-policy/
Create a Zoom Account
Here are instructions on creating a Zoom account: https://www.mohave.edu/assets/Create-a-zoom-account.pdf
Download Zoom Client
Please visit the Zoom website to get the download client: https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
How to Join a Zoom Session
- Here are instructions on joining a Zoom session: https://www.mohave.edu/assets/How-to-Join-a-zoom-session.pdf
- How to Join a Zoom Meeting Video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/hIkCmbvAHQQ?rel=0&autoplay=1&cc_load_policy=1
- Configure Zoom Meeting Audio/Video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/-s76QHshQnY?rel=0&autoplay=1&cc_load_policy=1
- You can join your course via Zoom by clicking on the Zoom link provided by your instructor within Schoology
How do I sign my OnBase form?
- You will receive an email of the link to your OnBase form
- Copy and paste the link into your browser and sign in to OnBase:
- Your form will populate and you will be able to fill and sign the form
- “I cannot log into OnBase”
Connecting to MCC while outside the country
If you need to connect to MCC while outside of the country, we strongly suggest you use a VPN connecting software like WinScribe https://windscribe.com/ , or Surfshark https://surfshark.com/ or use a VPN software of your choice. It is your responsibility to download and install the VPN software.
MCC is not responsible for any Lost or Stolen Data and any damage to your machine.
MCC is not responsible for establishing any connections while outside the country to MCC.
To purchase software at discounted prices, please visit and register at https://mohave.onthehub.com
Internet resources for K12 & college students
Adobe Free Distance Learning Resources & Project Ideas
Visit Adobe’s page at https://edex.adobe.com/distance-learning for more information