Scholarships help you pay tuition and fees to lower the cost of your education. MCC offers both large and small scholarships. Amounts range from a few hundred dollars to amounts covering full tuition and fees. Scholarship funds do not need to be paid back.
Scholarships may be awarded for GPA, major, community service, or financial need. Some are awarded for interests and activities outside of college. Your FAFSA doubles as your scholarship application. Scholarship funds are paid to your student account. Disbursements are made on a weekly basis beginning one week prior to the start of the semester after all requirements for the fund are met.
Types of Scholarships
Applying for Scholarships
The FAFSA is your scholarship application. You can fill out the FAFSA starting on October 1st for the upcoming year. You should also complete the Scholarship Profile in NetPartner. It asks for information not collected on the FAFSA.
General Scholarship Requirements
- Admitted to MCC
- Submit the FAFSA – use MCC’s School Code: 011864
- Submit the Scholarship Profile & scholarship essays (not all scholarships require essays)
- Enroll in a minimum of six financial aid eligible credits per semester (some scholarships require more credits)
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA (some scholarships require a higher GPA)
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), or be successfully meeting the terms of an appeal/academic plan
- U.S. citizen, or eligible non-citizen