Mohave Community College welcomes the chance to serve those that served America.
We are committed to serving active duty, reservists, all veterans, and their families. We hope the following informational checklist will assist with your educational goals.
New Students using VA Educational Benefits
- Review http://benefits.va.gov/ or www.vets.gov/
- Apply for your VA Education Benefits
- Complete the Six Steps for New Students at Mohave Community College
- Apply for a Pell Grant through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Order your Official Joint Services Transcripts electronically
- – Air Force: order official transcripts from CCAF
- Bring a copy of your latest Military Orders or DD-214 when you see your Adviser
- Bring a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility
- Remember to check your student email regularly for important updates
Failure to complete these checklist steps may result in delay or denial of benefits.
If you need assistance completing VA forms, Jimi Hammond, Veterans Services Coordinator at 928-757-0818 or the VA Educational Hotline at 1-888-442-4551
If you need help with your student account, call MCC Connect at 1-866-664-2832
If you need to defer payment of your tuition & fees while waiting for your VA education benefits complete the Promissory Note.
All active, reservists, veterans and dependents
- Verify monthly attendance for students using MGIB Chapter 30, MGIB 1606, REAP, Chapter 1607 or VRAP by going to https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do or calling 1-888-GIBILL1
- Contact the Veterans Services Advisor at MCC if you have questions or concerns regarding your certification of education benefits, disbursement, adding or dropping a course(s), need to withdraw or have received any orders that may affect your enrollment.
- Contact Disability Services if you need special assistance
- Meet with the Veterans Services Advisor every semester to complete a new OVA-11
- Use our free Student Success Center
- Remember all information regarding your VA financial aid will be communicated in writing (letter) or email to your student email account.
You are welcome at all Student Veterans Club meetings and events. Check your student email for meeting times, locations, and activities.
Beyond Mohave Community College
Congratulations on earning your degree at MCC! After completing their degree at Mohave Community College, many of our Veteran Students continue on to earn their Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees at universities. Mohave Community College has transfer agreements with universities like Northern Arizona University, Arizona State University, University of Arizona, and many more. Often local students wish to receive Bachelor’s degrees without moving out of the area and choose to take classes “on ground” with MCC while completing university courses online. Contact us if you are interested in more information.
All of the following criteria must be met for a student to be eligible for tutorial assistance:
- The student must be in a post-secondary program half time or more. For the Post-9/11 GI Bill, rate of pursuit must be at least 50 percent.
- The student must have a deficiency in a course that is part of his or her approved program.
- The student must be enrolled in the course during the quarter, semester, or term in which the tutoring is received for the course. Tutoring may not occur between quarters or semesters.
For further assistance please contact Jimi Hammond, Veterans Service Coordinator at 928-757-0818 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org