2021 Commencement Information
- The CDC updated guidance for those fully vaccinated on May 13. Those who have been fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear face coverings or social distance. Those not fully vaccinated should wear face coverings and social distance, and are highly encouraged to get vaccinated. This new guidance will be in effect for the May 14 Commencement Ceremonies. The ceremonies are open only to students and invited guests who filled out the COVID Waiver/RSVP. (5/13/2021)
- Children count as guests. If one of your guests is below 18 years of age, please contact MCC Connect via phone at 866-664-2832. (Updated 4/14/21)
- The number of allowed guests per student has increased from 2 guests to 4 guests. (Updated 4/14/21)
- Mohave Community College will require temperature checks, face masks, and social distancing in order to attend Commencement. (Updated 4/14/21)
- Now available – View and Download the Digital Commencement Program Booklet. It is also available at Mohave.edu/Graduation2021. (Updated 5/11/21)
- NEW: Free WiFi is available at the Anderson Auto Group Fieldhouse. At the venue, connect to the Wi-Fi network named CRSK12 Start Here and then follow the prompts for Guest. You will be asked to provide your cell number or email to receive a secure password to access the free service. (Updated 5/11/21)
- Seating at the Anderson Auto Group Fieldhouse will be 3 feet apart. (Updated 5/12/21)
This year, MCC will be inviting both the 2019-20 and the 2020-21 graduates and graduation candidates to celebrate their achievements. Commencement is scheduled for Friday, May 14, 2021, at the Anderson Auto Group Fieldhouse, located at 3663 Bullhead Parkway, Bullhead City, Arizona (North of the Mohave Crossroads Shopping Center).
We will be hosting two ceremonies specific to the programs of study. Students must attend the ceremony for their designated program.
First Ceremony is scheduled for 11:00 am-1:00 pm and will include students graduating with the following credential:
- Associate of Applied Science Degrees (excluding Health Professions)
- Career and Technical Programs
- Liberal Arts, Associate of Arts Degrees
- General Studies Degrees
- Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) Certificates of Completion
- General Education Development (GED) Diploma
Second Ceremony is scheduled for 5:00 pm-7:00 pm and will include students graduating with the following credential:
- Health Profession Programs
- Associate of Arts Degrees (excluding Liberal Arts)
- Associate of Business Degrees
- Associate of Science Degrees
- All Certificates of Proficiency (excluding Career and Technical Programs)
Please Note: This information is subject to change. Any changes will be reflected on this site in the Commencement Updates section above.
Program Breakdown by Ceremony
|First Ceremony (11:00 am-1:00 pm)||Second Ceremony (5:00 pm-7:00 pm)|
ASSOCIATE OF ARTS
ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE
ASSOCIATE OF GENERAL STUDIES
CERTIFICATES OF PROFICIENCY
Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC)
GENERAL EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT
ASSOCIATE OF ARTS
ASSOCIATE OF BUSINESS
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE
HEALTH PROFESSIONS (ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE/CERTIFICATES)
Please note: Students must attend the ceremony for their designated program.
How Does a Student Register to Participate?
Students may participate in the ceremony if they have:
- filed a graduation application by the appropriate deadline,
- RSVP via the COVID waiver link that will be sent to your email address, and
- acquired the appropriate cap and gown.
The application deadline for graduation is May 10, 2021. If the graduation application is submitted after April 9, 2021, there will be no guarantee that the student’s name will appear in the online Commencement Program.
How Does a Student Apply for Graduation?
All students who anticipate successful completion of their program course requirements for a degree or certificate must complete a graduation application. Graduation applications can be accessed through your JICS account under Advising Tools.
Graduation applications must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar by the following dates:
- Spring graduates planning to attend the 2021 Commencement ceremony must submit their graduation applications by April 30, 2021.
- All other spring graduates must submit their graduation applications by May 10, 2021.
- Summer graduates planning to attend the 2021 Commencement ceremony must submit their graduation applications by April 30, 2021.
- All other summer graduates must submit their graduation applications by July 7, 2021.
- Once grades are received, the Registrar’s Office will evaluate the graduation application by reviewing a student’s MCC transcript, applicable transfer credits, and cumulative grade point average.
If the student meets all degree and/or certificate requirements, the Registrar’s Office will approve the submitted application(s) and post the degree and/or certificate credential on the student’s transcript.
- Students should allow a minimum of 10 weeks after the end of the graduation term for applications to be processed and diplomas mailed.
- Any students seeking a degree verification may print an unofficial copy of their transcript or request an official copy of the transcript showing the degree awarded and date granted. Prior to the end of the term, official transcripts may be ordered for delivery after grades are posted or after the program is conferred.
- For additional information on graduation requirements, please visit the Graduation section of the College catalog.
Are Tickets Required?
Once you have completed the COVID Waiver Form for Mohave Community College and the Anderson Auto Group Fieldhouse, you will be registered to participate in the Commencement ceremony. On the COVID Waiver Form, you will be able to enter the email addresses for up to two guests who will then receive a separate COVID Waiver Form to complete. Your guests must complete the form in order to be registered to attend the event. To switch guests, please contact MCC Connect at 866-664-2832 to have a COVID Waiver Form sent to the appropriate address.
Where Do Graduates Acquire Their Caps and Gowns?
Mohave Community College has been able to work with the below vendors to help provide students with low cost options for the purchase of their caps, gowns, and tassels.
It is highly recommended that students order their caps, gowns, and tassels by April 18, 2021, in order to avoid additional shipping fees.
Please note: An anonymous donor has provided a limited number of caps and gowns free of charge for those who are unable to purchase them. If you would like to reserve a donated cap, gown, and/or tassel, complete the Cap, Tassel, & Gown Request Form.
Mohave Community College is committed to assisting any individual requiring accommodations. If a participating graduate or a guest requires assistance, such as parking, accessibility seating, or other services, please contact Michelle Martin at (928) 758-1405 or MMartin3@mohave.edu. Requests for accommodations should be made as early as possible, preferably by April 29th, 2021, to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Mohave Community College staff will be available before, during, and after the event if additional assistance is required.
Will the Event Be Live Streamed and Recorded?
Family and friends are welcome to take pictures and video of this special event. Due to COVID-19 guidelines as well as the number of participants and guests, only authorized personnel will be able to get close to the stage.
Individual graduate photos will be taken on the stage by GradImages, our official Commencement photographer. Proofs will be ready to view online as soon as 72 hours after the ceremony. GradImages will send emails and mailed paper proofs along with optional text message notifications to notify you when your images are available. Your information is never shared and privacy is guaranteed.
You can pre-register to make sure that your contact information is up-to-date with GradImages to ensure that they can provide your complimentary proofs as quickly as possible. Although there is never any obligation to order, you’ll save 20% off orders of $50 or more for your participation. To pre-register for your Commencement proofs, please visit https://www.gradimages.com/registration/.
Is there a digital and downloadable Commencement Program?
Click here to view the 2021 MCC Commencement program. Please download the Commencement program to your mobile device for use the day of the event, to share, and to keep forever to commemorate this special event.
Security will be present in order to provide a safe and secure environment for staff and visitors. In addition, Mohave Community College has notified local emergency responses providers (e.g., law enforcement, emergency medical services, and fire department) in order to support the event.
In order to support a safe environment for Commencement the following is required:
- Upon entry, security will conduct a bag check. It is recommended that you only carry what you absolutely need (e.g., small bag, wallet, phone). Per the Anderson Auto Group Fieldhouse, unsealed water bottles and helium balloons are not allowed inside the facility. Security will request that any large bags, backpacks, and strollers be returned to your vehicle. Please note: Neither Mohave Community College nor the Anderson Auto Group Fieldhouse takes responsibility for lost, stolen, or misplaced items.
- Upon entry, all occupants will undergo a temperature check as well as be required to wear a mask and social distance.
- Per Arizona Revised Statute §13‐3102 A1, A2, and A10, it is prohibited to carry weapons of any kind on the Anderson Auto Group Fieldhouse property.
- As Commencement is held in the Bullhead City/Fort Mohave area, please be aware of the possibility of extreme temperatures. While the Event Center is climate controlled, due to the hundreds of graduates and guests in attendance and the extensive security measures, please be prepared for longer lines while entering the facility.
- It is recommended that graduates where flat shoes as the Fieldhouse floor may be uneven in some areas.
- Security will be present both inside and outside the facility and will control the flow of traffic. Please be aware of and follow all signage and any directions of the security staff for everyone’s safety and security.
- MCC staff will be available throughout the venue to help you with any questions or concerns.
SCHEDULE FOR GRADUATES
Check-In and Pre-Ceremony
- Students will need to attend the designated scheduled Commencement associated with their specific program of study. Please plan your arrival for one hour before the ceremony begins. And of course, remember to bring your cap and gown! If you are uncertain of the ceremony you are scheduled to attend, please call MCC Connect at 1.866.664.2832 for further assistance.
- It is recommended that graduates leave all their personal items, including purses and cell phones, with guests or lock them up in their vehicle. The Commencement ceremony has many “moving” requirements and thus students have communicated in the past that it difficult to manage the ceremony procession and personal items. Please note that MCC staff will not be able to manage graduates’ personal items if they choose to bring them.
- Graduates will need to enter through the northeast and east doors. Signage will be posted as well as MCC staff present in order to guide and assist students. Staff will be available to check in graduates. Your signed waiver will serve as your RSVP to the ceremony.
- Graduates will undergo a temperature check as well as be required to wear a mask and social distance as established by the Anderson Auto Group Fieldhouse.
Staff will be available to guide you to your seat on the field. Due to COVID-19 guidelines, students (and guests) will need to remain in their designated seat. However, there will be designated restrooms within the area if you need to make any last-minute trips.
Staff will be available if you have questions and/or if we can be of assistance. Staff will have access to limited supplies (e.g., bobby pins, hairspray). Please remember your tassel should be placed on the right when doing your final preparations.
- Due to COVID-19 guidelines, the entry procession will be modified. The Macebearer, Administration, and Board of Governors will walk to the stage. Students and faculty will remain seated until recognized by the announcer in which you will be prompted to stand up as your designated group (e.g., Faculty, Degrees, and Certificates).
- If you are a member of one or more of the following groups, please stand when your group is recognized:
- Veteran of the Armed Forces
- Phi Theta Kappa Member
- All Arizona Academic Team Member
- MCC staff members will be positioned throughout the floor to assist. They will signal to you when you need to stand in order to line up to cross the stage.
- While in line, please adhere to social distancing and mask wearing guidelines.
- You will be directed by an MCC staff member to present your name card that will be given to the announcer and kept for the photographer.
- After your name is called, please step up on the stage and cross to center stage. Please note: There is a ramp up to and off of the stage; an MCC staff member will be at each side of the stage to provide limited assistance for you.
- You will be directed to pick up a diploma cover and pause for two photos, one on stage with the President (while practicing social distance) and one after you exit stage before returning to your seat. Please note that multiple MCC staff members will be present on the floor to guide you through this process.
- When the last graduate reaches their seat, the President will ask you all to stand. They will make the speech of conference, tell you to move your tassel “to the left”, and introduce you to the audience as the class of 2020 and 2021.
- Stay standing. You will hear the music begin playing to end the ceremony. You will be excused one row at a time by an MCC staff member who will guide you to the proper exit in order to meet with your family and friends outside. Please exit in an orderly and timely fashion to allow the Anderson Auto Group Fieldhouse staff to begin the cleaning process.
- As you exit, please pick up your graduation gift.