Incoming Transcript Evaluation Requests
Students who wish to transfer credits from other institutions to Mohave Community College must file official transcripts from those institutions with the MCC Registrar’s Office where they will be evaluated. Transfer students must complete the following steps:
- Complete an MCC admission application and be assigned an official MCC ID number.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor and complete an official MCC degree declaration form.
- Request transcripts from any other previously attended institutions.
- Official transcripts must be received by the Registrar’s Office and processed into the system.
Once above steps have been completed, the transcripts will be evaluated to the current and/or active declared program(s).
You do not need to request evaluation for high school transcripts.
NOTE: Transcripts are evaluated toward the student’s selected program. Therefore, only courses needed to satisfy the selected degree/certificate (and coursework necessary to meet prerequisites) will be transferred. Any subsequent changes to the students declared program of study after the initial evaluation made requires a Transcript Evaluation Request Form available in your MyMohave Portal under the ‘Student’ tab.
It takes approximately 4 weeks from the time your request is received for the evaluation to be completed (peak enrollment times may take longer).
To check if the evaluation is complete, login to your MyMohave Portal and review your unofficial transcripts under the ‘Students’ tab.
Only courses with a “C” or better will be considered for transfer credit. A “Pass” grade may be accepted if it is noted on the transcript that “Pass” is equal to a “C” grade. Science, allied health and technical courses, other than Computer Information Systems related, taken ten or more years ago do not transfer and must be retaken. Fire Science, Emergency Medical Services, Administration of Justice Studies, and Early Childhood Education courses taken five or more years ago do not transfer and must be retaken.
Only transcripts from colleges and schools accredited by regional accreditation commissions will be accepted. The regional accreditation commissions are:
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
- New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) Western Association of Schools and Colleges & WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
Transcripts received by Mohave Community College from other schools become the sole property of MCC. Neither originals nor copies can be released to the student or to any third party. If a student needs a copy of their transcripts from previously attended institutions, they must contact those institutions directly.
The Registrar’s Office has final authority regarding the method of receipt of incoming transcripts. Please see the current Mohave Community College Catalog for further information regarding the method of receipt for incoming transcripts.
Note: One-third of the credits needed to earn an associate’s degree or a certificate of proficiency must be completed at MCC.
The AZTransfer Course Equivalency Guide is a tool that can provide a listing of all Arizona public community colleges and university courses and their equivalencies.
TES is a resource that is used to give our transfer students a general idea of what to expect, but specific transfer credits will be designated by multiple factors. This list is always expanding and not a comprehensive or complete list of credits accepted at MCC.