Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Incoming Transcript Evaluation Requests

Students who have attended other colleges should indicate that fact on the admission form and provide Mohave Community College with an official transcript of all work completed. Upon receiving the student’s transcript evaluation request, the Office of the Registrar will evaluate transcripts to determine how much credit will be granted for transfer courses toward satisfying the declared MCC degree and/or certificate requirements.

Before submitting a request for college transcript evaluation, please follow the steps below:

  1. Complete a Degree Declaration form, and turn it in to student services.
  2. Call MCC Connect at 866.664.2832, to be sure that your transcript has been received by MCC.
  3. Once college transcripts are confirmed as received, complete the Transcript Evaluation Request Form available in your MyMohave Portal under the ‘Student’ tab.
  4. Spell out the entire name of the college or university from which the transcripts are arriving. Example: Arizona State University, not ASU.
  5. You do not need to request evaluation for high school transcripts.

It takes approximately 4 weeks from the time your request is received for the evaluation to be completed (peak enrollment times may take longer).

To check if the evaluation is complete, login to your MyMohave Portal and review your unofficial transcripts under the ‘Students’ tab.

Only courses with a “C” or better will be considered for transfer credit. A “Pass” grade may be accepted if it is noted on the transcript that “Pass” is equal to a “C” grade. Science, allied health and technical courses, other than Computer Information Systems related, taken ten or more years ago do not transfer and must be retaken. Fire Science, Emergency Medical Services, Administration of Justice Studies, and Early Childhood Education courses taken five or more years ago do not transfer and must be retaken.

Only Transcripts from colleges and schools accredited by regional accreditation commissions will be accepted. The regional accreditation commissions are:

  • The Higher Learning Commission
  • Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.
  • Northwest Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges

Transcripts received by Mohave Community College from other schools become the sole property of MCC. Neither originals nor copies can be released to the student or to any third party. If a student needs a copy of their transcripts from previously attended institutions, they must contact those institutions directly.

The Registrar’s Office has final authority regarding the method of receipt of incoming transcripts. Please see the current Mohave Community College Catalog for further information regarding the method of receipt for incoming transcripts.

If a student’s cumulative GPA was below 2.0 at a previous college, they will be admitted to MCC on academic probation.

Note: One-third of the credits needed to earn an associate’s degree or a certificate of proficiency must be completed at MCC.

Printer friendly page