Returning Students Using VA Benefits
After you are enrolled in classes:
- Complete the Enrollment Certification Request/Promissory Note.
- This form must be completed prior to the start of every semester that you are enrolled in order to be certified to the VA.
- This form will defer payment of your tuition & fees while waiting for your VA education benefits.
- This form is not processed until the add/drop period for your course(s) has passed.
- Complete the Dual Objective Request Form if you wish to work towards more than one program of study at a time.
- Students using VA benefits are generally approved for only one program of study at a time. There are exceptions for students pursuing two programs at the same school if they can provide reasonable justification that both programs apply to a single career field.
- The dual objective may include degrees, certifications, or programs on different professional/technical levels. An Academic Advisor and the Veteran Services Coordinator will need to approve the justification.
- Dual objectives containing a combination of programs that include Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts (LBAD) or Associate of General Studies in General Studies (GSD) cannot be accepted.
- Complete the Yellow Ribbon Application if you are being charged out of state or WUE tuition and are a Chapter 33 student with 100% eligibility.
- If eligible, you may be able to get a portion or all of your remaining tuition and fees covered.
In accordance with Title 38 United States Code Section 3679(e) and Section 103 of Public Law 115-407, the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, Mohave Community College will not impose a late fee, denial of access to facilities, or other penalty against a veteran or eligible dependent using Post 9/11 (Chapter 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31) benefits because of the individual’s inability to meet their financial obligations to the University due to the delayed disbursement of a payment to be provided by the VA, effective August 1,2019. Covered individuals must have a certificate of eligibility on file and have requested to use entitlement by submitting an enrollment certification request form.
In compliance with Section 1005 of P.L.116-315 (Isakson and Roe Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020), the following individuals shall be charged in-state rates at Mohave Community College:
- A Veteran using educational assistance under either chapter 30 (Montgomery G.I. Bill – Active Duty Program) or chapter 33 (Post-9/11 G.I. Bill), of title 38, United States Code, who lives in Arizona while attending a school located in Arizona (regardless of his/her formal State of residence) and enrolls in the school following discharge or release from a period of active duty service of 90 days or more.
- Anyone using transferred Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits (38 U.S.C. § 3319) who lives in Arizona while attending a school located in Arizona (regardless of his/her formal State of residence) and enrolls in the school after the transferor’s discharge or release from a period of active duty service of 90 days or more.
- Anyone described above while he or she remains continuously enrolled (other than during regularly scheduled breaks between courses, semesters, or terms) at the same school. The person so described must be using educational benefits under either chapter 30 or chapter 33, of title 38, United States Code.
- Anyone using benefits under the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (38 U.S.C. § 3311(b)(9)) who lives in Arizona while attending a school located in Arizona (regardless of his/her formal State of residence).
- Anyone using transferred Post-9/11 G.I. Bill benefits (38 U.S.C. § 3319) who lives in Arizona while attending a school located in Arizona (regardless of his/her formal state of residence) and the transferor is a member of the uniformed service who is serving on active duty.
If you need assistance completing VA forms, contact Advising at 866-664-2832.
For information regarding general VA benefits, please call the VA Educational Hotline at 1-888-442-4551.
All active, reservists, veterans, and dependents
- Verify monthly attendance for students using MGIB Chapter 30, MGIB 1606, REAP, Chapter 1607 or VRAP by going to https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do or calling 1-888-GIBILL1
- Contact the Veteran Advisor at MCC if you have questions or concerns regarding your certification of education benefits, disbursement, adding or dropping a course(s), need to withdraw or have received any orders that may affect your enrollment.
- Contact Disability Services if you need special assistance
- Use our free Student Success Center
- Remember all information regarding your VA financial aid will be communicated in writing (letter) or email to your student email account.
You are welcome at all Veterans Club meetings and events. Check your student email for meeting times, locations, and activities.
After completing their degree at Mohave Community College, many of our Veteran Students continue on to earn their Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees at universities. Mohave Community College has transfer agreements with universities like Northern Arizona University, Arizona State University, University of Arizona, and many more. Often local students wish to receive Bachelor’s degrees without moving out of the area and choose to take classes “on ground” with MCC while completing university courses online.