After you are enrolled in classes:
- Complete the Enrollment Certification Request/Promissory Note.
- This form must be completed prior to the start of every semester that you are enrolled in order to be certified to the VA.
- This form will defer payment of your tuition & fees while waiting for your VA education benefits.
- Complete the Dual Objective Request Form if you wish to work towards more than one program of study at a time.
- Students using VA benefits are generally approved for only one program of study at a time. There are exceptions for students pursuing two programs at the same school if they can provide reasonable justification that both programs apply to a single career field.
- The dual objective may include degrees, certifications, or programs on different professional/technical levels. An Academic Advisor and the Veteran Services Coordinator will need to approve the justification.
- Dual objectives containing a combination of programs that include Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts (LBAD) or Associate of General Studies in General Studies (GSD) cannot be accepted.
- Complete the Yellow Ribbon Application if you are being charged out of state or WUE tuition and are a Chapter 33 student with 100% eligibility.
- If eligible, you may be able to get a portion or all of your remaining tuition and fees covered.
In accordance with Title 38 United States Code Section 3679(e) and Section 103 of Public Law 115-407, the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, Mohave Community College will not impose a late fee, denial of access to facilities, or other penalty against a veteran or eligible dependent using Post 9/11 (Chapter 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31) benefits because of the individual’s inability to meet their financial obligations to the University due to the delayed disbursement of a payment to be provided by the VA, effective August 1,2019. Covered individuals must have a certificate of eligibility on file and have requested to use entitlement by submitting an enrollment certification request form.
If you need assistance completing VA forms, contact Hakon Swenhaugen, Veterans Services Coordinator at email@example.com.
If you need help with your student account, call MCC Connect at 1-866-664-2832.
For information regarding general VA benefits, please call the VA Educational Hotline at 1-888-442-4551.
Be sure to apply for Scholarships for Service Members.
All active, reservists, veterans, and dependents
- Verify monthly attendance for students using MGIB Chapter 30, MGIB 1606, REAP, Chapter 1607 or VRAP by going to https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do or calling 1-888-GIBILL1
- Contact the Veterans Services Coordinator at MCC if you have questions or concerns regarding your certification of education benefits, disbursement, adding or dropping a course(s), need to withdraw or have received any orders that may affect your enrollment.
- Contact Disability Services if you need special assistance
- Use our free Student Success Center
- Remember all information regarding your VA financial aid will be communicated in writing (letter) or email to your student email account.
You are welcome at all Veterans Club meetings and events. Check your student email for meeting times, locations, and activities.