- Apply for your VA Education Benefits
- Complete the Six Steps for New Students at Mohave Community College
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Filling out this application enables you to access other MCC sources of funding.
- Order your Official Joint Services Transcripts electronically
- – Air Force: order official transcripts from CCAF
- Submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility
- If MCC does not have a copy of your COE, you will not be certified to the VA.
- Remember to check your student email regularly for important updates
After you are enrolled in classes:
- Complete the Enrollment Certification Request Form.
- This form must be completed prior to the start of every semester that you are enrolled in.
- Complete the Veterans Promissory Note/Deferment Request if you need to defer payment of your tuition & fees while waiting for your VA education benefits.
- Complete the Yellow Ribbon Application if you are being charged out of state or WUE tuition and are a Chapter 33 student with 100% eligibility.
- If eligible, you may be able to get a portion or all of your remaining tuition and fees covered.
- Complete the Dual Objective Request Form if you wish to work towards more than one program of study at a time.
- Students using VA benefits are generally approved for only one program of study at a time. There are exceptions for students pursuing two programs at the same school if they can provide reasonable justification that both programs apply to a single career field.
- The dual objective may include degrees, certifications, or programs on different professional/technical levels. Students need to provide the justification and academic advisors need to agree with their rationale.
If you need assistance completing VA forms, contact Jimi Hammond, Veterans Services Coordinator at 928-757-0818 or the VA Educational Hotline at 1-888-442-4551
If you need help with your student account, call MCC Connect at 1-866-664-2832
Be sure to apply for Scholarships for Service Members.
All active, reservists, veterans, and dependents
- Verify monthly attendance for students using MGIB Chapter 30, MGIB 1606, REAP, Chapter 1607 or VRAP by going to https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do or calling 1-888-GIBILL1
- Contact the Veterans Services Coordinator at MCC if you have questions or concerns regarding your certification of education benefits, disbursement, adding or dropping a course(s), need to withdraw or have received any orders that may affect your enrollment.
- Contact Disability Services if you need special assistance
- Use our free Student Success Center
- Remember all information regarding your VA financial aid will be communicated in writing (letter) or email to your student email account.
You are welcome at all Veterans Club meetings and events. Check your student email for meeting times, locations, and activities.
Failure to complete these checklist steps may result in delay or denial of benefits.