New Students Using VA Benefits

After you are enrolled in classes:

  • Complete the Enrollment Certification Request Form.
    • This form must be completed prior to the start of every semester that you are enrolled in.
  • Complete the Veterans Promissory Note/Deferment Request if you need to defer payment of your tuition & fees while waiting for your VA education benefits.
  • Complete the Yellow Ribbon Application if you are being charged out of state or WUE tuition and are a Chapter 33 student with 100% eligibility.
    • If eligible, you may be able to get a portion or all of your remaining tuition and fees covered.
  • Complete the Dual Objective Request Form if you wish to work towards more than one program of study at a time.
    • Students using VA benefits are generally approved for only one program of study at a time. There are exceptions for students pursuing two programs at the same school if they can provide reasonable justification that both programs apply to a single career field.
    • The dual objective may include degrees, certifications, or programs on different professional/technical levels. Students need to provide the justification and academic advisors need to agree with their rationale.

*Per Title 38 United States Code Section 3679(e), MCC will not impose any penalty, including assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, or the requirement that a covered individual borrow additional funds, because of the individual’s inability to meet the financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement of eligible funds from VA under chapter 31 or 33. A covered individual is any individual who is entitled to educational assistance under chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, or chapter 33, Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits. Covered individuals must have a certificate of eligibility on file and have requested to use entitlement by submitting an enrollment certification request form.  

If you need assistance completing VA forms, contact Hakon Swenhaugen, Veterans Services Coordinator at 928-757-0818 or the VA Educational Hotline at 1-888-442-4551

If you need help with your student account, call MCC Connect at 1-866-664-2832

Be sure to apply for Scholarships for Service Members.

All active, reservists, veterans, and dependents

  • Verify monthly attendance for students using MGIB Chapter 30, MGIB 1606, REAP, Chapter 1607 or VRAP by going to or calling 1-888-GIBILL1
  • Contact the Veterans Services Coordinator at MCC if you have questions or concerns regarding your certification of education benefits, disbursement, adding or dropping a course(s), need to withdraw or have received any orders that may affect your enrollment.
  • Contact Disability Services if you need special assistance
  • Use our free Student Success Center
  • Remember all information regarding your VA financial aid will be communicated in writing (letter) or email to your student email account.

You are welcome at all Veterans Club meetings and events. Check your student email for meeting times, locations, and activities.

Failure to complete these checklist steps may result in delay or denial of benefits.

Printer friendly page