Welcome to Mohave Community College New Student Orientation. We are excited you have chosen to be a Bighorn!
New student orientation is an essential part of your college experience and provides a foundation for success.
The New Student Orientation program is designed to provide you with information, resources, tools, and tips to be a successful student. At orientation, you will be able to connect with faculty, learn about your campus and programs as well as your network system.
This exciting half-day experience will show you the resources and tools essential for success. Your orientation experience will:
- Introduce you to student life, and explore ways to get involved in the community
- Meet with academic advisors
- Learn about expectations in the classroom
- Learn about resources and services
- Meet with key administrators and tour campus
Making the Best of Orientation
Preparing for orientation
- Set up MyMohave Portal at https://jics.mohave.edu/ics
- Prepare a list of questions. Before attending orientation, you should prepare a list of questions so you don’t forget what you want to ask. Feel free to ask questions to current students, advisors, etc. throughout your orientation experience.
If you require accommodations during your orientation, including services such as sign language interpreting or mobility support, please contact MCC at least one week in advance of your orientation session. Call MCC Connect at 866.664.2832 or email Access@mohave.edu
What to bring
- Bring your photo ID and MCC ID number
- Paper and pen
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking around campus and an umbrella, rain or shine