Welcome to Mohave Community College’s New Student Orientation. We are excited you have chosen to be a Bighorn!
New Student Orientation is an essential part of your college experience and provides a foundation for success. The New Student Orientation program is designed to provide you with information, resources, tools, and tips to be a successful student. It is also designed for your specific area of interest.
Schedule for Spring Semester 2023
Making the Best of Orientation
Preparing for orientation
- Set up your MyMohave Portal here.
- You should prepare a list of questions so you don’t forget what you want to ask. Feel free to ask questions to current students, advisors, etc. throughout your orientation experience.
If you require accommodations during your orientation, including services such as sign language interpreting or mobility support, please contact MCC at least one week in advance of your orientation session. Call MCC Connect at 866.664.2832 or email Access@mohave.edu
This exciting half-day experience will show you the resources and tools essential for success.
Your orientation experience will cover:
- Introducing you to student life, and exploring ways to get involved in the community
- Meeting with academic advisors
- Learning about expectations in the classroom
- Learning about resources and services
- Meeting with key administrators and tour campus
What to bring
- Bring your photo ID and MCC ID number
- Paper and pen
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking around campus and an umbrella, rain or shine