Welcome to Mohave Community College New Student Orientation. We are excited you have chosen to be a Bighorn!
New student orientation is an essential part of your college experience and provides a foundation for success.
The New Student Orientation program is designed to provide you with information, resources, tools, and tips to be a successful student. At orientation, you will be able to connect with faculty, learn about your campus and programs as well as your network system.
This exciting half-day experience will show you the resources and tools essential for success. Your orientation experience will:
- Introduce you to student life, and explore ways to get involved in the community
- Meet with academic advisors
- Learn about expectations in the classroom
- Learn about resources and services
- Meet with key administrators and tour campus
Making the Best of Orientation
Preparing for orientation
- Set up MyMohave Portal
- Prepare a list of questions Most orientations will have a question and answer session usually at the end of the event. Before attending orientation, you should prepare a list of questions so you don’t forget what you want to ask. Feel free to ask questions to current students, advisors, etc. throughout your orientation experience.
- If you have a learning or physical disability and need to register for services, complete the Request for Disability Support Services Form from the Office of Disability Services for Students (DSS).
What to bring
- Bring your MCC ID number and photo ID
- Paper and pen
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking around campus and an umbrella, rain or shine