Mohave Community College is please to offer tuition assistance to Mohave County residents. The MCC Future Fund is a last dollar scholarship that offers payment of tuition and standard fees to students who meet GPA and financial requirements.
To be considered for an initial award:
- Be admitted to MCC
- Complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA
- Be a resident of Mohave County, AZ
- Qualify for in-state tuition
New High School Graduates:
- High School cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater (unweighted)
- 12 or more credits earned at MCC
- 2.5 or greater cumulative GPA at MCC
Preference for the Future Fund is given to students who do not receive Federal Pell Grants, or those that do not have enough of a Federal Pell Grant to cover tuition and standard fees. Priority consideration is also given to those that fill out the 2017-2018 FAFSA early. The EFC range used for initial awarding may change from one year to the next based on annual Federal Pell Grant tables and availability of funding.
Students may qualify for the Future Fund for up to 5 academic years, or until completion of their first degree (or certificate, if terminal program), whichever comes first. All renewal criteria must be met to continue to qualify for the MCC Future Fund.
Awarding of the MCC Future Fund each year will continue until funding is depleted. Estimated amounts are awarded initially and are adjusted after the add/drop registration period based on actual tuition and standard fee charges. Because the Future Fund is a last dollar scholarship based on the cost of tuition and standard fees, awards may be reduced if grant or scholarship funds from another source are received by the student. Once eligibility is established, award amounts are determined by subtracting other grant and scholarship funding from the total tuition and standard fees charged for the term. Students are responsible for paying any course or other fees they may be charged.
- Declare a degree or certificate program
- Maintain a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- File a FAFSA each year and continue to meet the financial need criteria
- Complete and submit an MCC Future Fund Success Promise each year
- Enroll in a least 6 credits each term that satisfy a requirement for your declared degree (“financial aid eligible credits”)
- Abide by the MCC Student Code of Conduct
For additional information, click here.