Professional Licensure and Certification Disclosure Information

Professional Licensure and Certification Disclosure Information

Professional Licensure Disclosures

Mohave Community College (MCC) offers several programs leading to professional licensure within the State of Arizona. States vary in what professions they require to be licensed and how licensure functions. Some states require an individual to graduate from an approved program. Others require an individual to “meet [the] certification requirements of a national organization”. A specific amount of training can also be required as well as the passage of an exam based on a state requisite exam score. Often, licensed professionals must complete continuing education on an annual basis (National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, 2018).

Some programs at MCC lead to a license and/or certification in Arizona. Beginning July 1, 2020, the U.S. Department of Education regulations require disclosures for all programs leading to a license or certification. Disclosures will be provided for all states and will indicate whether the program meets licensure requirements, does not meet licensure requirements, or has not yet been determined for each state.

State Authorization

MCC participates in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA) which allows us to provide distance learning programs (both online and in the form of supervised field experiences) and coursework to residents of states other than Arizona. NC-SARA membership, however, does not grant reciprocity or exempt us from state professional licensing requirements. As a result, licensing requirements in Arizona may not be recognized as sufficient to obtain a license in any other state.


Relocating during the course of a program to another state may impact whether the student can remain in the program, meet the state licensure requirements, and/or continue to receive financial aid funding. Prior to considering relocation, please contact your program director to discuss authorization and licensure eligibility requirements.

International Students

Prior to enrolling in any program at Mohave Community College (MCC), prospective students living and/or working outside of the United States should confirm with the appropriate certifying agency whether successful completion of any degree program at MCC will meet the credentialing requirements of the country in which they intend to seek employment, as to certain types of employment or for advanced/specialized educational programs.

Responsibility of Students

Students should review the specific academic requirements for the program in which they are enrolling, including those related to practicum/internship as well as pre-qualifications for licensure such as the need for a criminal background check. We highly recommend that students contact the applicable licensure board(s) in their state of residence or in the state where they intend to obtain a license before beginning an academic program that results in licensure and prior to beginning any internship/practicum. Many licensure boards require more than successful degree completion to obtain a license. Please be advised that state laws, regulations, and policies may change at any time. Changes in requirements can impact the program’s ability to meet educational requirements for licensure. The information provided is strictly limited to the College’s determination of whether its educational program if successfully completed, would be sufficient to meet the educational licensure or certification requirements in a State. The College cannot provide verification of an individual’s ability to meet licensure or certification requirements unrelated to its educational programming.

College Licensing Disclosures

Professional Licensure/Certification (PLC) pre-education requirements

The curriculum for programs customarily leading to licensure at MCC has been designed to meet the licensure/certification requirements in Arizona as well as preparing students to apply for licensure exams in the State of Arizona. The licensure boards in each state are responsible for establishing the requirements for licensure/certification for their state.

The College is currently researching licensure requirements for each state a program is available to students outside of Arizona. Updated information is available on the State Reference Guide webpage.

For additional information or questions, contact MCC Connect at 1-866-664-2832 (toll-free) and ask to speak with the program director.

MCC Programs Customarily Leading to Licensure

Professional Licensure Disclosures indicate one of the three options for each state:

  • Meets Licensure Requirements
  • Does not Meet Licensure Requirements
  • Licensure Compliance Undetermined

Use this State Reference Guide to identify states in which MCC program requirements fulfill state guidelines for professional licensure and certification.

For questions regarding programs listed in the State Reference Guide, please contact the Director of the program.

Individual Licensure Disclosures

Prior to prospective student enrollment, students are being advised as to what determination has been made in terms of whether the program meets the student’s home state Professional Licensure and Certification pre-education requirements. Each enrolled and prospective student is receiving a 30-day notice of any adverse actions filed against the institution by a state or accrediting agency: 30-day notification. Each enrolled and prospective student is being advised with a 14-day notice if a program in which they are enrolled ceases to meet professional licensure/certification pre-education requirements in Arizona.

National Entities (Licensing Boards or Accreditors)

Disclaimer of Endorsement: The links below lead to websites created by other public and private organizations. These links are provided for the user’s convenience.

Professional Licensing Boards by State

It is highly recommended you also contact the state in which you plan to practice to verify any state requirements before beginning your program at MCC. The US Department of Education provides information about most licensed professions by state.

Printer friendly page