When and Where?
DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC MCC WILL BE HOSTING A VIRTUAL 2020 GRADUATE RECOGNITION CEREMONY. IT WILL PREMIERE ON THE COLLEGE YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND FACEBOOK PAGE ON MAY 15 AT 3:00 P.M. READ MORE ABOUT IT ON THE MOHAVE WIRE.
Is there an online and downloadable Commencement Program?
Yes. You can find download links to it and view it online by Clicking Here.
How Does a Student Register to Participate?
Students may participate in the ceremony if they have:
- Filed a graduation application by the appropriate deadline,
- Indicated that they will attend commencement, and
- Purchased the appropriate cap and gown.
The application deadline for graduation is April 10, 2020. We will accept late applications, along with a $30 late fee, until May 1, 2020, however, there will be no guarantee that the student’s name will appear in the program.
Where Do Graduates Get Their Caps and Gowns?
Mohave Community College has been able to work with vendors to help provide students with low cost options for the purchase of caps, gowns and tassels.
Please use the following link(s) to Graduation Source | Herff Jones to place your order. It is highly recommended that students order their cap, gown and tassel by April 8, 2020 to minimize higher shipping costs.
An anonymous donor has also provided a number of caps and gowns free of charge for those who are unable to acquire them by other means. Please use the following link if you would like to reserve a cap, gown, and/or tassel.
We also have honor cords for our graduating Veteran students and Phi Theta Kappa stoles, honors cords, and tassels. If you are in need of one or more of these items, please contact MCC Connect at 866.664.2832 to reserve one today.
It is recommended that graduates wear comfortable shoes (preferably flat) for the ceremony. The Anderson Auto Group Fieldhouse uses a temporary floor which can be dangerous to those wearing high heels. Besides, everyone will be more focused on your big smiles than on your feet!
Mohave Community College is committed to assisting any individual requiring accommodations. If a participating graduate or a guest requires assistance, such as parking, accessibility seating, or other services, please contact Michelle Martin at (928) 758-1405 or MMartin3@mohave.edu. Requests for accommodations should be made as early as possible, preferably by April 30th, 2020 to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Mohave Community College staff will be available before, during and after the event if additional assistance is required.
Are Tickets Required?
Tickets are not required for the event and all seating is general admission. The venue is very large, so please invite as many family and friends as you would like.
Will the Event Be Recorded?
Yes, commencement will be recorded. After the ceremony, please visit our YouTube Channel to view the recording.
We encourage you to take lots of pictures and video to save and share this special day. However, due to the number of participants and guests, only authorized personnel will be able to get close to the stage. Individual graduate photos will be taken on the stage by a professional photographer. For more information visit our photography page.
Traditionally, the commencement ceremony takes place in the Bullhead City/Fort Mohave area. In choosing attire, be aware that the date is mid-May in Arizona. While the Event Center is climate controlled, due to hundreds of graduates and guests in attendance, please be prepared for the facility to be warmer or cooler than you would expect.
Please do not pack anything into your purse or small bag other than a wallet, a camera and some bottled water. Neither Mohave Community College nor the Anderson Auto Group Fieldhouse takes responsibility for lost, stolen or misplaced items. Please remember that the Event Center has a strict no weapons policy. Bags are checked by security at the entrance.
MCC staff will be available throughout the venue to help you with any questions.
Things You Need to Know…..
TIME & LOCATION
- Friday, May 15, 2020
- Anderson Auto Group Fieldhouse, at 3663 Bullhead Parkway, Bullhead City, Arizona
- Ceremony begins at 3:00 P.M.
SHARE YOUR DAY
- Invite your friends and family.
- Ushers will be present to assist guests to find seats in the stands immediately upon arrival.
- Commencement announcements are available online at (https://www.mohave.edu/life-at-mcc/graduation-and-commencement-information/#)
- Required graduation attire for a MCC graduate includes a cap, gown, and tassel. Please see the above link for ordering information for these items.
- Due to the flooring of the fieldhouse, please choose your shoes carefully.
- Please leave all personal items, including purses and cell phones, with guests as you will not be allowed to take anything with you to your seat. If you cannot do that, please lock them up in your vehicle.
SCHEDULE FOR GRADUATES
- Check-in: Begins at 1:15 P.M. and ends at 2:15 P.M.
- Line-up: Begins at 2:30 P.M.
- Processional: Begins at 3:00 P.M.
Please note: once graduates enter the check-in area they will be asked to remain in the graduate only designated space(s) through the end of the ceremony. Guests are not allowed to enter any graduate only designated spaces.
- Disability-related accommodations are available for guests and graduates.
- Please call MCC Connect at 866-664-2832 to speak with the Compliance Office.
- Please provide us a minimum of 72 hours prior to the event to make necessary arrangements.
- The digital version of the 2019 Commencement Program will be available for download on April 27th at https://www.mohave.edu/grad/. Please download the Commencement Program to your mobile device for use the day of the event, to share, and to keep forever to commemorate this wonderful day as there will be a limited number of printed Commencement Programs available on a first come, first served basis the day of the event.
- Due to the delay of the Bullhead City-Laughlin bridge construction project, the access road has not yet been completed in front of the new Anderson Auto Group Fieldhouse. As a result, there is only one entrance/exit at the fieldhouse and you should expect parking delays. We apologize for the inconvenience, which is beyond our control. We ask that you please have patience and respect for others to help make the entrance/exit and parking situation as smooth as possible.
- GradImages Photography will be there to capture your special moment as you walk across the stage.
- Go to: http://www.gradimages.com/ for more information on purchasing photos.
- For everyone’s safety, MCC is prohibiting participants and guests from bringing large bags, backpacks, or any satchel-like container into the Anderson Auto Group Fieldhouse.
- Security will be present at the Fieldhouse and will be checking bags upon entry.
- Per Arizona Revised Statute §13‐3102 A1, A2, and A10, it is prohibited to carry weapons of any kind on the Anderson Auto Group Fieldhouse property.
- Call MCC CONNECT at 866-664-2832 for assistance.