MCC conducts one formal commencement ceremony in May for students from all campuses. This ceremony traditionally takes place in Bullhead City, Arizona. Students may participate in the ceremony if they have:
- Filed a graduation application,
- Indicated that they will attend the commencement, and
- Purchased the appropriate cap and gown.
All students who anticipate successful completion of their program course requirements for a degree or certificate must complete a graduation application. Graduation applications can be accessed through your JICS account under Advising Tools.
To avoid paying a late application fee, graduation applications must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar by the following dates:
- April 10, 2020 – for May 2020 Spring graduates.
- April 10, 2020 – for summer graduates planning to attend the annual commencement ceremony in May 2020.
- June 30, 2020 – for all summer (July, 2020) graduates.
- Evaluation of Graduation Applications – After all final grades are received from faculty, the registrar reviews the student’s MCC transcript and any official transfer transcripts that are on file in the Registrar’s office. If a student has successfully completed all course work, approval is given by the Registrar for the awarding of the degree/certificate, and the degree/certificate is then listed on the student’s transcript. After grades are verified, degrees and certificates are mailed out by Student Services.
- Students should allow a minimum of 10 weeks after the end of the graduation term for applications to be processed, and diplomas mailed. For additional information on graduation requirements, please visit the Graduation section of the College catalog.
To apply for graduation, go to: Visit MyMohave -> login -> “Students” tab -> “Advising Tools” on the left.