PTK – Lake Havasu City Chapter (Alpha Chi Chi)
Phi Theta Kappa has recognized academic excellence in two-year colleges since 1918 and has become the largest and the most prestigious honor society serving two-year colleges around the world.
Membership is based primarily upon academic achievement. Invitation to membership may be extended only by the local campus chapter at the institution in which you are enrolled.
“The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa shall be to recognize and encourage scholarship among community, technical, and junior college students. To achieve this purpose, Phi Theta Kappa shall provide opportunity for the development of leadership and service, for an intellectual climate of ideas and ideals, for lively fellowship for scholars, and for stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence.”
Phi Theta Kappa Eligibility for Membership
- You must be enrolled at MCC.
- You must have at least 12 hours of coursework completed, or 6 hours completed for certificate programs.
- You must have an overall GPA of 3.5.
Membership in Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society will open new doors for your academic journey. The organization offers myriad opportunities for scholarships, intellectual enrichment and personal development through programs based on Phi Theta Kappa’s four hallmarks: Scholarship, Leadership, Service and Fellowship.
Contact your local campus chapter faculty advisor for more information. For international, national and regional Phi Theta Kappa information, click on the links on the right.
2021-2022 Academic Year
Officers for the 2021-2022 Academic year are as follows:
- President: Austin Covington
- Vice President of Scholarship: Adam Romano
- Vice President of Membership: Nadia Suarez
- Treasurer: Justin Begay
- Recording Officer: Leann Stewart
- SAC Representative: Austin Covington
- March 8, 2022 at 3:00 PM Location: MCC Campus LHC, Room 204
- March 29, 2022 at 3:00 PM Location: MCC Campus LHC, Room 204
- April 12, 2022 at 3:00 PM Location: MCC Campus LHC, Room 204
- April 26, 2022 at 3:00 PM Location: MCC Campus LHC, Room 204
- Meetings also available via Zoom at https://mohave.zoom.us/j/6049507796
The London Bridge Renaissance Fair April 1, 2, & 3, 2022 Location: Sara Park Rodeo Grounds, Lake Havasu City AZ (volunteer opportunity). Contact Aliccia Braaten to signup at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earth Day Community Event Cleanup April 2, 2022. Body Beach, Lake Havasu City AZ (volunteer opportunity). Assist Sunrise Rotary Club members with Body Beach cleanup. Bring gloves and pickers if you have them. Contact advisors email@example.com or pgalovich@mohave for more information.
PTK Catalyst 2022, April 7 – 9, at Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center in Denver, Colorado. For more information: PTK Catalyst 2022
Alpha Chi Chi Stole and Tassel Event, May 6, 2022 at 5:00 pm. Location: MCC Campus Library, Building 1200, Arizona Room. Contact advisors firstname.lastname@example.org or pgalovich@mohave for more information.
PTK Alpha Chi Chi Induction Ceremony Dec. 3, 2021
PTK Alpha Chi Chi Volunteer Activities