The Bighorn Decoders Computer Club (BDCC) was formed for the purpose of creating a forum for all students, alumni, faculty and staff interested in furthering their knowledge of advanced computing technologies. This goal will be enhanced by booking outside speakers to present materials at computer club meetings and special events, educational based training sessions provided by members, faculty, and/or the technical community, collaborating on team projects, hands-on application and competition with other computer clubs, empowering students to pursue careers in technological fields and offering assistance in resumé building.
The benefits of becoming a member of this club include opportunities to learn from each other through discussions and an exchange of information, learning to be leaders and team players, networking with other students, gaining professional/social interaction skills, preparing for the transition into career technical fields and making the student’s lives richer and more enjoyable while at MCC. Through social activities, technical and academic help sessions, student mentoring, computer science projects and other activities, students will be prepared to enter the technical field of their choice upon graduation.
- President: Nadia Suarez
- Vice President: Robert Lowndes
- Secretary/Treasurer: Jennine Ramirez
- SAC Representative: Diana Heer
- SAC Representative: Nadia Suarez
All students, faculty, staff and alumni are invited to attend BDCC club meetings.
|Wednesday, November 13, 2019||204||12:00pm to 1:00pm|
|Wednesday, November 27, 2019||204||12:00pm to 1:00pm|
|Wednesday, December 11, 2019||204||12:00pm to 1:00pm|
- Gaming Night & Food Drive on Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 5:30pm to 9:30pm on the Lake Havasu City campus in building 500, rooms 508 & 509. Be sure to bring a non-perishable food item with you!
- Cyber Wednesday Speaker Series – Guest Speaker on Cybersecurity Robert Bonar Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 12:00pm to 1:00pm in the Library
- Recycling Event on Saturday, March 7, 2020 from 8:00am to 12:00pm in the MCC 500/600 parking lot
- Take-A-Part Event on Wednesday, April 1, 2020 from 12:00pm to 1:00pm in room 810