Transferring Credits

Incoming Transfer Students

Students who have attended other colleges should indicate that fact on the admission form, and provide Mohave Community College with an OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT of all work completed. Upon the student’s request through the local campus Director of Student Services, the Office of the Registrar will evaluate transcripts to determine how much credit will be granted for transfer courses toward satisfying MCC degree and certificate requirements. You can download the transcript evaluation request procedures here. Only courses with a “C” or better will be considered for transfer credit. Certain pass/fail grades may be accepted for students with at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average. Science, nursing, computer courses and other technical courses taken 10 or more years ago are not accepted. Police Science, Fire Science and Early Childhood Education classes taken five or more years ago are not accepted.

Transfer credits must have been acquired through a regionally accredited college or university, or a school listed in the National Guide to Credit Recommendations for Non-collegiate Schools or The Guide to the Evaluation of Education Experience in the Armed Services. The Registrar has final authority in the decision of a course’s transferability into an MCC certificate or degree program.

If a student’s cumulative GPA was below 2.0 at a previous college, he/she will be admitted to MCC on academic probation (refer to the section on Academic Standards).

Note: One-third of the credits needed to earn an associate’s degree or a certificate of proficiency must be completed at MCC.

Transferring Out to Another Institution

Students intending to transfer to another institution should meet with an academic counselor to learn about the resources available and to facilitate transfer of MCC credits to the university. Among these resources are transfer guides developed by each university for their majors, the Course Equivalency Guide, which is used to determine transferability of MCC courses, and AZTransfer, which is an online evaluation tool for transfer students. Students may also obtain the Transfer Planner, a guide developed by MCC for transfer students.

Arizona Higher Education Course Equivalency Guide (CEG) – The Arizona Commission for Postsecondary Education, in conjunction with the Arizona Board of Regents, publishes the Arizona Higher Education Course Equivalency Guide (CEG) . The CEG “equivalency” does not mean that the community college course is identical to the university course or vice versa, but that the course is regarded as fulfilling the requirement of the designated university or college course. The evaluations of transfer credit in the CEG refer only to community college courses and their acceptance at the respective four-year institutions in the state of Arizona. Students are encouraged to consult with the appropriate transfer institution’s academic department for major course requirements before deciding on current class schedules.

Four-year Degree Transfer Partners – Mohave Community College can be your stepping stone to advanced college degrees and other specialized education through the partnerships that MCC has established with several premiere institutions.