High School Opportunities

High School Opportunities

Start Here to complete the admissions process for Dual Enrollment, Concurrent Enrollment (WAVE JTED and Early Start Scholarship). GET STARTED

Fill out this form to connect with your local high school recruiterOPEN FORM

Important expectations and courses available to Dual Enrollment Students by district VISIT PAGE

Early Start is a scholarship program for high school students, home-schooled students, and GED graduates. LEARN MORE

Partnership with MCC and Western Arizona Vocational District #50 (WAVE JTED) LEARN MORE

Learn more about how your AP score could earn you college credits before you even set foot on campus VISIT PAGE


Academic Scholarships for recent high school graduates VISIT PAGE

  • Start Here
  • Participating High Schools

High School FAQ’s

Can I be in more than one high school opportunity or program?

Yes! Many of our high school students participate in Dual Enrollment and Concurrent Enrollment at the same time.

What is Concurrent Enrollment?

Concurrent enrollment enables high school students to take college courses outside of their high school day. Concurrent students may take online or on-ground courses at Mohave Community College. Participating scholarships or funding sources include Early Start Scholarship or WAVE JTED.

Am I a college student?

Yes, dual enrolled students and concurrent students are college students.

Can homeschool students take classes?

Yes, homeschool students can utilize multiple high school opportunities to earn college credit early. Homeschool students may be eligible for Early Start Scholarship or WAVE/JTED opportunities.

Do I receive the same resources as an MCC Student?

Yes, MCC considers all high school participants a college student. This includes on-ground and online concurrent enrollment and dual enrollment. For more information on resources available visit Student Success Center.

As a High School Student am I eligible for Financial Aid?

No, high school students are not eligible for Federal Financial Aid until they graduate high school or earn a GED.

Can I transfer my college credits back to my high school if I take classes concurrently?

  • Students will need to check with their high school registrar to make sure courses transfer back for high school credit.
  • If you need these credits to graduate high school, request your MCC transcripts in a timely manner or speak with your high school counselor about graduation requirements
  • Unofficial MCC transcripts can be accessed and printed through the student’s myMohave Self-Service https://mohave-ss.colleague.elluciancloud.com/Student/
  • Your school may require official transcripts, check with your high school registrar’s office for more information: Official Transcripts can be requested by visiting the Registrar’s Office, Outgoing Transcript Request Information on the Mohave.edu website.

Printer friendly page