Our Faculty Affiliates provide curriculum and assessment coordination and professional development services to part and full-time faculty to ensure optimal student outcomes, faculty success, and institutional effectiveness. The Affiliates are currently employed resident faculty members who are appointed to limited-term assignments by the Executive Vice President, based on faculty nominations.
- Work collaboratively with faculty to develop and implement effective, student-centered teaching strategies.
- Provide one-on-one consultation with faculty members to address the challenges of teaching as compared to working in the industry.
- Provide guidance on adult learning theory and practice.
- Develops program materials to support faculty effectiveness.
- Assists faculty in finding and employing available MCC resources; acts as a liaison with MCC departments, faculty, and staff to provide information on program services.
Meet the Affiliates
“I’ve lived in Mohave County and been part of our communities for close to 30 years. I began working as an Automotive Collision instructor for MCC 13 years ago. I painted my first truck when I was 17 and was hooked! I was in the Auto Collision industry for over 25 years, having owned my own shop for 8 of those years. In my spare time away from the college, I love building cars. I have a 1987 Chevrolet Suburban that I take to car shows. I have found a true passion in education and bring a real-world vibe to my classes so that students are better prepared for a successful career in the Automotive Collison industry.” – Richie Mitten