Social & Behavioral Science
The Social and Behavioral Sciences Department at Mohave Community College is an accredited program that provides a solid foundation for students who are interested in fields of psychology, anthropology, political science, women’s studies, and sociology. The Social and Behavioral Sciences program is also pleased to offer paid externship opportunities to MCC students with local health care organizations, which allows our students to get hands on experience and training in their field of interest.
Click to enlarge photos
Paid Community Partnership Program
The Social and Behavioral Sciences Department offers real world experience through our paid community partnership program. The Social and Behavioral Sciences faculty have built professional partnerships with various health organizations in Mohave County to match qualified students with both paid and unpaid MCC community partners with openings at their organizations. If you are a declared Social and Behavioral Sciences major and are currently enrolled at Mohave Community College, please reach out to one of our full-time faculty members for more information regarding the community partnership programs.
Psyched Out is Mohave Community College’s student psychology club. The club is a peer support group whose main goal is to achieve Mental Strength, Self-Control, & Empowerment by exploring and utilizing classic and modern psychological trends and techniques that promote purpose and accountability, not victimization.
Psyched Out meetings are held on the second and fourth Thursday of the month at 12pm via Zoom.
***Meetings will be streamed via Zoom:
To keep up-to-date on Psyched Out’s upcoming and past events, please visit our Psyched Out Bulletin Board:
For more information about or meetings or how to become a member of Psyched Out, please contact Psyched Out’s advisor Dr. Sierra Stewart: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Feature in the MCC Newscast Mohave Minutes (November 2019):
Read the article here:
MCC Students Receive FREE counseling services with Talkspace,
- Talkspace is a completely free digital space for private and convenient mental health support.
- Students can make a profile using their @students.mohave.edu email accounts, complete an online questionnaire Match with an online mental health provider, and begin chatting with someone in less than 15 minutes.
- Students are able to select their therapist, counselor, psychologist, or psychiatrist from a list of recommended, licensed providers
- Students will then receive support day and night from the convenience of their on device (iOS, Android, and Web).
- Visit https://www.talkspace.com/mohave to begin chatting with your new mental health professional today!