For students that are ready to take their TEAS test, please make sure it is version 7.
The Mohave Community College Nursing department is excited to announce the Arizona State Board of Nursing officially approved the Practical Nurse program! The changes are intended to improve the overall student experience and success on the National Council Licensure Examination-Practical Nurse (NCLEX-PN). The changes include:
- A contemporary curriculum that is student centered.
- One admission per year, Fall start.
- Courses offered on all Southern Campus locations.
- Evening and weekend scheduling options.
- High fidelity simulation lab experiences.
Practical Nursing Admission Requirements
Requirements for acceptance to the Practical Nurse Certificate Program include:
- 60% or higher on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) version 7
- Minimum GPA of 2.85 on required pre-requisite courses
Pre-requisite Courses Required:
- BIO 100
- BIO 201
- ENG 101
- PSY 101
The Practical Nursing Certificate program is a student centered program that provides learning opportunities in various settings where students work directly with registered nurses, Doctors, and other healthcare professionals to deliver delegated medical skills within the PN scope of practice. The program stresses meeting basic needs within a frame work of normal growth and development throughout the life span. Learning experiences are developed utilizing the nursing process as a framework for training the practical nursing student. Emphasis is placed on quality, safe practice, and the scope of practice of the Licensed Practical Nurse. Past experience and personal initiative are all considered important for success in this program.
Upon satisfactory completion of the program, the graduate receives a certificate of proficiency and is eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). With successful passage of the NCLEX-PN, the graduate is eligible to practice within the scope of practice of the Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Arizona.
- The Practical Nursing Certificate Program is fully approved by the Arizona Board of Nursing.
- The Practical Nursing Certificate Program provides a foundation for career mobility with the associate or baccalaureate professional nursing programs.
Requirements for Graduation:
Passing all core nursing courses with a 80% grade or better.
Note: For a course to be eligible for transfer, the student must receive a “C” or better. Acceptance of a transfer course is determined by the receiving institution.
For career and job opportunities, you can visit any of the following sites:
Practical Nurse application packets and the PN Student Handbook are available on the right-hand side of this page.
Required Gainful Employment Disclosures per 34 CFR 668.6
Practical Nurses Certificate Program
First Time NCLEX-PN Pass Rate