Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

State-Specific Complaint Resolution 

Mohave Community College is committed to providing quality online educational programs. Please refer to this website for student expectations and student rights.

The process for submitting a complaint (grievance) to Mohave Community College can be found here.

If grievances are not satisfactorily resolved after an internal attempt by the College, students may file a complaint with an agency in the student’s state of residence. See below to access a list of appropriate contacts from each state in which a student may file a complaint. 


Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education
P.O. Box 110505
Juneau, Alaska 99811-0505
(907) 465-2962 / (907) 465-5316

The Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education (ACPE) processes complaints alleging violations of state institutional authorization law relative to postsecondary institutions or programs in Alaska.  The complaint investigation process is described in AS 14.48.130 and 20 AAC 17.130-145.  A student is encouraged to pursue the complaint/grievance process at their institution prior to contacting ACPE.  


Arizona State Board for Private Post-Secondary Education
1740 W. Adams Street, Suite 3008 
Phoenix, AZ 85007  
(602) 542-5709 / (602) 542-1253 

If the student complaint cannot be resolved after exhausting the Institution’s grievance procedure, the student may file a complaint with the Arizona State Board for Private Post-Secondary Education.


Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education 
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400 
Sacramento, CA 95833 
(916) 431-6959 

In the event a consumer believes an institution’s administrative processes or educational programs are compromised and not up to the required minimum standards, the Bureau should be notified. 


Colorado Department of Education
1600 Broadway, Suite 2200 
Denver, CO 80202  | 
(303) 862-3001 

Prior to filing a complaint with the Colorado Department of Education, students must follow the appeal procedures at their institutions of higher education. Each institution of higher education has a process for addressing student complaints. 


Hawaii Post-Secondary Education Authorization Program 
Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs 
P.O. Box 541 
Honolulu, HI 96809 

File a complaint with Hawaii Post-Secondary Education Authorization Program after you exhaust all administrative remedies available at the institution.  (Student may use the “Forms” drop-down menu to access or download the Student Complaint Form.)


Illinois Board of Higher Education  
1 North Old State Capitol Plaza, Suite 333 
Springfield, Illinois 62701-1377 
(217) 782-2551 

First make all attempts to resolve the matter directly with the institution. Check the institution’s website, student handbook, and/or course catalog for information regarding the institution’s complaint procedures. After you have made all attempts to resolve your issue(s) with the institution, Illinois Board of Higher Education may intercede with the identified institution depending upon pertinent laws governing agency oversight. 


Kentucky Council of Postsecondary Education 
1024 Capital Center Drive, Suite 320 
Frankfort, KY 40601 
(502) 573-1555 

After you have made all attempts to resolve your issue(s) with the institution, Kentucky Council of Postsecondary Education may consider the complaint by submitting the consumer complaint form. 


Nevada System of Higher Education  
2601 Enterprise Road  
Reno, NV 89512
(775) 784-4901 
(702) 486-7330 

As the designated portal agency, the system has the responsibility for managing and resolving student complaints. Absent applicable law or policy establishing another remedy, the first step in resolving student or other complaints or grievances is to attempt to resolve the matter directly with the administration of the involved institution under established institution complaint or grievance procedures. 

New Hampshire

New Hampshire Department of Education
Division of Higher Education
101 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301

Consumer Protection & Antitrust Bureau
Department of Justice
33 Capitol Street
Concord, NH 03301
(603) 271-3641

Fill out the form located at the web address provided above and your complaint will be reviewed in the order it was received by a paralegal and an attorney. You will be notified in writing of any action they decide to take. Possible actions by the Bureau may include forwarding your complaint to the business for a response or referral of your complaint to another state agency.  If they determine your complaint is not within the Bureau’s jurisdiction or otherwise does not rise to a consumer protection violation, they may suggest you contact a private attorney or pursue an action in small claims court.


Ohio Department of Higher Education
25 South Front Street
Columbus, OH 43215


Tennessee Department of Education & Student Assistance Corporation 
404 James Robertson Parkway, Suite 1900 
Nashville, TN 37243 
(615) 741-3605 

Complaint will be reviewed for purposes of determining whether an institution violated a rule or statute. 


Texas Higher Education Commission 
1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78752 
PO Box 12788, Austin, TX 78711-2788 
(512) 427-6101 

Once the Agency receives the required student complaint documentation, the Agency may refer the complaint to other agencies or entities. 


Utah Department of Commerce, Division of Consumer Protection 
160 East 300 South 
Salt Lake City, UT 84111 
(801) 530-6601 


Washington Student Achievement Council 
917 Lakeridge Way SW  
Olympia, WA 98502
(360) 753-7800 

Submit form to initiate potential review/decision by the Washington Student Achievement Council. 


State of Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services
4822 Madison Yards Way
Madison, WI 53705
(608) 266-2112

The Educational Approval Program (EAP) has the authority, under SPS 404.08(2), to investigate a student complaint, negotiate a settlement, or dismiss a complaint if it is found to be inappropriate. Complaints must be filed within one year after the student’s last recorded date of attendance. Upon receiving a complaint, it will be investigated by the EAP.


Wyoming Department of Education
2300 Capitol Avenue
Hathaway Building, 2nd Floor
Cheyenne, WY 82002

Printer friendly page