Missions, Values, Purpose
The MCC Student Success Center's mission is to create an environment that fosters academic, personal and professional success. The center will help students develop the learning strategies necessary to reach their full academic potential and will support student retention and completion.
In addition, the MCC Student Success Center will partner with MCC faculty and staff to empower students to assume responsibility for their education, to be self-motivated and successful in their chosen field of study, and to function as a productive member of society.
Goals of Tutoring
We offer peer tutoring in a variety of areas as well as faculty availability for supplemental instruction and support outside of the classroom. The additional resources help support practices that may result in the students' ability to thrive in a college environment.
How Tutoring Works
- Students may request tutoring services, or be referred by an instructor or student support services advisors. Requests may be made in person at the Student Success Center, by calling ahead to the center, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply as a walk-in.
- Tutoring appointments can be set at each center as needed in half-hour or one-hour time schedules.
- The first visit will students will be shown the sign-in procedure as well as Success Center Agreement.
- Students are expected to keep their appointments or to call and cancel at least 24 hours in advance.
- Students must bring homework, syllabus, text, assignments, handouts and preferably a list of questions to cover with the tutor.
- All currently-registered MCC students are eligible for our FREE services.