FAQ Details

Home » FAQ Details

FAQ Details

How do I get help with my loan problems?

If you are having a problem with your federal student loan, contact the FSA Ombudsman at the U.S. Department of Education. The FSA Ombudsman is dedicated to helping students resolve disputes and other problems with federal student loans.

The FSA Ombudsman will research your problem in an impartial and objective manner and develop a fair solution. The FSA Ombudsman does not have the authority to impose a solution. Nevertheless, many students have found the FSA Ombudsman to be helpful in resolving disputes with lenders.

You can contact the FSA Ombudsman by phone at 1-877-557-2575, by fax at 1-202-275-0549, by mail at U.S. Department of Education, FSA Ombudsman, 830 First Street, NE, Fourth Floor, Washington, DC 20202-5144, by visiting fsahelp.ed.gov or by e-mail at fsaombudsmanoffice@ed.gov.

For more information and to learn what actions to take if you default on your loans see the Department of Education’s Default Resolution Group Web site.

Mohave Community College is committed to helping you to be successful while you are in school and after you have graduated or while you are taking time off from school. We understand that finding a job or maintaining employment in this economy, in addition to managing your student loans, can be difficult. There are several services in Mohave County to assist you in finding employment and writing a resume. A great example of this is the Mohave County Community Service Department or the Mohave County One-Stop Centers in Lake Havasu City, Kingman and Bullhead City. The Arizona Department of Economic Security offices in Lake Havasu City, Kingman and Bullhead City are also a great resource.

There are also numerous articles such as "Managing student loans in a shaky economy" from www.ConsumerReports.org that address this very concern.

Important: Remember, you are responsible to repay the student loans as agreed to on your signed Master Promissory Note(s). Please keep your contact information (e-mail address, mail address and phone number) updated with your loan servicer to ensure you receive important correspondence.

When in doubt, contact your loan servicer. Staying in touch with your loan servicer will maintain a good relationship and decrease the chances of loan default.

Previous Page