Learning Communities at Mohave Community College are a team approach to higher education. Classes are linked together during an academic term and often based on an interdisciplinary theme. For example, a Math class links with a Biology class, or an English class links with a Philosophy class. Each linked class complements the other in content and assignments.
As a student participating in a learning community, you will enjoy:
- Peer support and encouragement - Stay involved and motivated with help and support from peers in the same learning community.
- Advising - Get the guidance you need from an advisor who understands your academic goals and will be available to you throughout the semester.
- Tutoring - Take advantage of free group tutoring assistance available at your request in a reserved classroom.
- Courses that cross paths for deeper learning - Apply what you are learning in one subject to another subject for greater comprehension and retention.
- Team teaching across courses - Benefit from skilled instructors who coordinate assignments, content and applications to reinforce your learning in all subjects.
- No additional cost to participate - Pay the standard tuition and fees while getting specialized services and attention focused on your success.
Learning Communities are a fun way to learn and to complete your class requirements. You will be a part of a team effort toward higher education and a higher quality of life.
If you are interested or would like more information, please contact the advisor on your local campus to find out what Learning Communities are available and how to register for them.