Frequently Asked Questions

  • Can I earn a complete degree without leaving Mohave County?

    Yes. Extended Campus students are able to complete their entire degree without taking classes at the Flagstaff Mountain Campus through our partnership with MCC. For a complete listing of degrees available online or at NAU-Mohave please visit Degrees offered at the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus can be viewed at

  • Are degrees earned at NAU-Mohave equivalent to degrees offered at the Flagstaff Mountain Campus?

    Yes. Many high-quality, accredited programs offered on the Flagstaff Mountain Campus are also available to students who require options other than the traditional, residential experience. These programs are offered either entirely online or at one of our 34 NAU campuses around Arizona. In come programs, students can earn a degree through a combination of delivery methods, taking some classes online and some at our non-residential campuses. Talk to an NAU advisor about the options available to you.

  • Are North Mohave Campus students eligible for MCC2NAU?

    North Mohave Campus students are eligible. Students may contact the Kingman office by emailing The direct telephone number for the Kingman campus is 928.757.5007. Students may also call the toll free number, 1.800.426.8315, and ask to be transferred to the Kingman office, extension 41950.

  • As an MCC2NAU student, what actions will I need to take to transition between MCC and NAU?

    One semester prior to enrolling in your first NAU class, submit official transcripts from all institutions attended. A grade of "C" or higher must be earned and the colleges attended must be regionally accredited for courses to transfer to NAU.

  • Can I get financial aid as an Extended Campus student?

    NAU Extended Campus students can apply for and receive financial aid. To receive most types of financial aid you must be admitted into a degree-seeking program and be enrolled in at least half-time hours (for an undergraduate this means you are taking at least 6 units). Go to extended.nau/edu/FinancialAid.aspx for more information concerning Financial Aid.

  • Do you accept college coursework from high school students that was earned through dual concurrent enrollment?

    Yes. Transfer credits will be awarded to high school students who completed MCC classes, or other college-level classes from accredited institutions of higher learning, concurrent with their high school curriculum with a grade of "C" or better.

  • Does NAU offer a tuition payment plan?

    Yes. NAU offers a tuition payment plan. For more information, visit

  • How can an NAU Advisor assist me?

    Working with an advisor, you can decide on a degree, complete admission and transfer steps, receive an unofficial transfer evaluation, determine your current academic status, see what additional requirements you need to earn a bachelor’s degree, select and enroll in classes, identify procedures and solutions for academic problems, and receive referrals to other campus resources.

  • How can I make sure that I only take classes required for my degree?

    By working closely with both an MCC and NAU advisor, students can follow a course of study that will transfer seamlessly to NAU. The advising you will receive will depend on your degree choice. Changing your degree program may result in additional requirements that were not part of your original program. It is never too early to start talking to an NAU advisor!

  • How do I access NAU’s Academic Catalog?

    The NAU catalog is available online at Here you will find an introduction to NAU, information about our various campuses, requirements for all academic plans offered, course descriptions and an NAU directory.

  • How do I apply for Financial Aid?

    You can apply for financial aid online at

  • How do I apply to NAU?

    An online application will be available beginning in October. You can go to NAU's Extended Campus website by logging on to or go to the "Apply" page here on this website and click on the application link.

  • How do I enroll in classes?

    Once you have been admitted to NAU, you can enroll during open enrollment dates. Advisors can help you select classes that will meet degree requirements. Students are encouraged to self-enroll by logging into their personal account, called LOUIE (Lumberjack's Online University Information Environment). When help is needed, advisors can assist.

  • How do I get an appointment to see an NAU Advisor?

    There are NAU advisors on site at MCC’s Bullhead City, Kingman, and Lake Havasu campuses. You can stop by the office or call to schedule an appointment. The phone numbers are:

    Bullhead City 928.763.7146
    Kingman 928.757.5007
    Lake Havasu 928.505.3362

  • How do I search for scholarships?

    Information on NAU scholarships (plus other general information about financing your education at NAU) can be found at Be sure to click on NAU Departmental Scholarships at the bottom of the list. A free scholarship search engine that offers over 600,000 scholarships worth over one billion dollars is located at

  • How does the partnership between MCC and NAU work?

    MCC furnishes the student with their freshman and sophomore course work which is then transferred into NAU. NAU furnishes the student with their junior and senior course work and awards the bachelor’s degree upon completion of all requirements. Consult your NAU Academic Advisor for details as some programs allow up to 90 credits of additional community college course work and require fewer NAU hours.

  • How long does it take to complete a bachelor’s degree?

    A bachelor's degree is designed to be a four-year degree program, but the length of time it will take to complete degree requirements will vary depending on how many credits you take each semester. Generally, students need to successfully complete 30 units per year in order to complete their program within a four year period. This calculation includes credits earned at both community college and university levels.

  • What are the advantages of participating in the MCC2NAU Partnership Program?
    • Enhanced academic advising and transfer support. Advisors at MCC and NAU work together to keep you on track
    • University benefits while taking community college courses. You qualify for an ID card that gives you access to NAU’s Cline Library, campus cultural and athletic events, and student discounts
    • A seamless transition from the community college to the university and a waiver of the $25 application fee
    • Exemption from freshman admission requirements with the successful completion of an Associate's degree or AGEC.
  • What is MCC?s Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC), and should I earn an AGEC while at the community college?

    Arizona community colleges and public universities agree that students who have completed a community college AGEC will have earned all 35 liberal studies credits required by the state's universities. If you ever intend to continue your education beyond the community college, an AGEC provides a great opportunity to take classes that will transfer directly, and without question, into a bachelor’s program. All NAU bachelor’s degrees require completion of liberal studies requirements.

  • What is the MCC2NAU Partnership Program?

    MCC2NAU is an opportunity for students at Mohave Community College to gain early admission to Northern Arizona University. This program is available to MCC students who intend to complete a degree program offered through Northern Arizona University's Extended Campuses or the Flagstaff Mountain Campus. It is designed for first year students with less than 30 credit hours (freshmen) who plan to earn an Associate's degree before transferring to NAU. See a local NAU or MCC advisor for more details.

  • What programs are available to North Mohave Campus students?

    MCC North Campus students can choose from approximately 50 undergraduate degrees and certifications that are completely online (as well as approximately 40 graduate programs). For a complete list of online degrees and certificates offered in Mohave County, visit the Extended Campuses Degree Search page. Narrow your search by clicking on Undergraduate; Online; select a field of study and Online campuses. Clicking "Search" will product a list of options. Click on an option for more information.

    Call 928.757.5007 or 800.426.8315 ext. 41950 or email to speak with a Kingman campus advisor. You can also contact the Extended Campuses Service Center, located in Flagstaff, at 800.426.8315 or send an email to

  • What student support is available to me as an Extended Campus student?

    Extended Campus students have access to many of the same student support services provided to students on the Flagstaff Mountain Campus. All students can access online tutoring, library resources, career services and much more. Online students are centrally advised through the Extended Campus Service Center at or 800.426.8315.

    All students can get help with specific aspects of their NAU experience - discussing degree choices, applying to the university, enrolling in classes, finding textbooks, contacting instructors, filling out paperwork, purchasing student health insurance and accessing technology support within their own community in Bullhead City, Kingman and Lake Havasu City or through any of the 31 additional offices located around the state.

    For more links to student resources, go to and click on Links and Contacts.


  • What undergraduate degree programs are available without leaving Mohave County?

    For a complete list of online and in-person bachelor's degrees offered through Mohave campuses, visit the Extended Campuses Degree Search page. Narrow your search by clicking on Undergraduate; In-person, Online or Both; select a field of study and highlight the campus of your choice (Bullhead City, Kingman, Lake Havasu City or Online). Clicking "Search" will produce a list of options. Click an option for more information.