Human Resources FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I apply for an Associate Faculty position?

    Visit our online job postings and click on the Associate (Part-time) Faculty Pool position. Inside the job posting, click Apply to start your online application.

  • How do I find out what jobs are available?

    All regular full-time, part-time and temporary opportunities are advertised online on our jobs posting page. In addition, opportunities are often advertised in local newspapers.

  • How do I get to the Human Resources department?

    Our office is at 1971 Jagerson Ave., Kingman, AZ 86409. We are located in Building 101 at the Bond & Jagerson entrance.

  • How long are jobs advertised?

    Each position is advertised online for a minimum of five (5) business days and may be posted longer. Some positions will include a closing date in the posting and others will not. Please note that positions are posted as they become available and can appear online anytime. They are often advertised prior to appearing in the newspapers so it is recommended that you check online regularly for postings (at least once a week).

  • If I apply and am qualified to teach, how soon can I start?

    This is an applicant database, which we review frequently. If selected, an appropriate campus representative for your field of study and location will contact you. Keep your contact information up-to-date, as applications remain active for a period of one year.

  • To whom should I address my cover letter?

    There is not always a contact name. If a contact name isn't listed, you may contact the Human Resources office at 928.757.0861, Arizona Relay TTY 800.367.8939, or send your letter to the Director of Human Resources.

  • What are ‘vital records’ for a course?

    Vital records are Full-time Student Equivalency rosters (if applicable), grade rosters, grade book sheets, attendance sheets and any incomplete contracts. These are necessary to maintain accurate student records.

  • What happens to my documents once they are received in your office?

    Your application, transcripts and supporting documents are evaluated to determine qualification or if you need to provide additional information. Once qualified, we will send you a letter stating the area(s) you qualify to teach.

  • What is the difference between a short course and a full-semester course?

    Short courses are any that run for less than 15 weeks. Full-semester courses are those that run for 15 weeks in the traditional fall and spring sessions.

  • What makes up an application packet?
    1. A completed employment application
    2. Official Transcripts that document your awarded degree
    3. Letters of Experience
    4. Licenses/Certificates
    Read More